Archives Technician with the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
See USAJOBS for the full posting and to apply. Posting open from Friday, February 13th – Sunday, February 22nd.
As an Archives Technician with the Dayton Federal Records Center at 3150 Springboro Road, Dayton, OH 45439, you will be performing tasks related to reference service, disposition, retrieval, relocation, re-filing, and interfiling of records.
As an Archives Technician typical work assignments include:
- Provide reference service by searching, re-filing, interfiling, copying or scanning records in various filing systems and simple extractions.
- IRS tax returns, VA-XC records, Treasury Checks, VA Loan Guarantee records, Immigration and Naturalization Service records, Rail Road Retirement Board records, and other requests for records which are in similar filing systems.
- Assist in the accomplishment of physically loading and unloading containers of records and the disposition of the containers, occasionally performing quality control tests and audits, shelving records in accordance with approved plans, moving blocks of records from one area to another while maintaining them in proper order, and removing records from the shelves in accordance with approved plans.
- Handling of documents requiring basic preservation, appropriate repair, rehabilitation and conservation processes.
- Provide technical assistance to section employees.
- May serve in the capacity of, or perform duties related to office administration, reception and mail room functions.
- Provide training to, or conduct a quality check of work performed by lower grade employees