Merrill Corporation is currently seeking an articulate, well organized, customer service focused experienced Legal Records Manager for one of our locations in Columbus, OH. We are seeking a Records Professional with 2 to 3 years of experience in managing a records center for a large law firm.
* Creating policies, procedures, and standards and ensure they are being followed in all offices.
* Managing the process of creation and tracking all ingoing and out going legal files in support of client needs through use of IRM (records management) software.
* Working to create process and procedures to move towards a reduced paper operation/environment.
* Implementation of the Records Retention Policy.
* Gathering, sorting and preparing legal documents for filing, creating computerized indexes of pleadings and discovery documents, and closing case files for offsite storage.
* Investigate and resolve user complaints as well as facilitate solutions
* Accomplishing organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Providing excellent customer service to all levels within a client environment.
* Coaching and developing records clerks.
* Additional duties include handling day to day operations of budget management, employee and training development.
* Involvement in local ARMA chapter to stay up to date on current trends in Records Management profession
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
* Ability to Travel to regional offices
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to analyze and offer solutions.
* 2-3 years experience in a supervisory or managerial role within alegal records center in a large law firm environment
* Experience with Records Management software (IRM, LegalKEY, FileSurf) is a plus
* Previous experience with software conversions a plus
* Previous experience with managing electronic records a plus
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred
* Involvement in ARMA is preferred
To help you succeed, we provide a competitive benefits package including: 401(k), vacation, medical, dental, life and disability
All candidates must pass pre-employment
Interested candidates can apply by contacting:
Merrill Communications LLC